PSD and community support
Numerous resources and services are available to families in Northern Colorado. You'll find several Poudre School District support resources and community crisis services highlighted in the green boxes on the right. Links to community organizations and additional services are listed below.
Community COVID-19 updates and testing
- For the latest COVID-19 information: Larimer Co. Department of Health and Environment
- See the data PSD is monitoring: LCDHE COVID-19 Data Dashboard
- Community testing: COVID-19 testing options
- What you can do to help: LCDHE - Protecting Our Community
- AlphaBest - Before- and after-school childcare service at PSD schools
Child Protection Resources and Hotline
- Larimer County Child Protection Services
- The Hub - For reports of child/adult abuse or neglect. Provides resources and intervention for youth (ages 0-17) and families struggling with a variety of circumstances.
- Colorado Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline - Call 844-CO-4-Kids; Available 24 hours a day, every day. Don't hesitate to call and get help.
- Anyone witnessing a child in a life-threatening situation should call 911 immediately.
- Colorado PEAK - Online service to apply for medical, food, cash, and early childhood assistance programs
- Larimer County Human Services:
- Children, Youth and Family Services
- Adolescent Services
- Resources for workers and job seekers impacted by COVID-19
- Larimer County Public Benefits - Programs include:
- Food Assistance (SNAP)
- Health First Colorado (Medicaid)
- Cash and Employment Assistance (TANF/Colorado Works)
- Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP)
- Aid to the Needy Disabled (AND)
- Medicare Savings Program (MSP)
- Old Age Pension (OAP)
- One-time bill payment assistance:
- Catholic Charities Larimer County, 970-484-5010
- The Family Center/La Familia, 970-221-1615
- Goodwill of Colorado, 888-775-5327
- City of Fort Collins Utilities to set up a payment arrangement: call 970-212-2900 or email email@example.com or visit fcgov.com/utilities-affordability
- If you need help finding resources: 2-1-1 Local Resource Referral Line
Emergency Rental Support and Eviction Legal Aid
State and federal funding sources approved in late December 2020 may cover past due rent as well as future rent payments to help families with COVID-19 related financial strain stabilize their housing.
Help with paying rent:
- Property Owner Preservation (POP) program pays landlords directly if you are not able to pay rent due to financial or health impacts of COVID-19. POP funding will cover the full monthly rent amount.
- Neighbor to Neighbor program - if your landlord is not accessing POP or you don’t qualify because the financial stress is not related to COVID)
- Interfaith Solidarity and Accompaniment Coalition (ISAAC) - members of the immigrant community can access urgent rent support from ISAAC by calling the Fuerza Latina Immigrant Assistance Hotline, available 24/7 at 970-472-1501.
Eviction legal aid:
- Contact agencies listed above for emergency rent support as soon as possible and tell them you received an eviction notice, even if you have accessed rent support in the past.
- Contact Colorado Legal Services for help responding to an eviction notice:
- Review this Housing Empowerment Guide to understand your rights and the information you will need to gather.
Enrichment - Free Online Resources
Please note these resources are listed as a service and not as an endorsement by PSD.
- Denver Public Library - Chat with a librarian at denverlibrary.org/ask for 24/7 online references, and explore free resources/activities to read, play and learn at home.
- Free newspaper subscription with user name and password (Poudre) - Free online subscriptions to Denver Post, Boulder Daily Camera, Longmont Times-Call and Loveland Reporter-Herald. Digital publications also include Kid Scoop (ages 4 to 8) on Mondays, Colorado Kids (ages 8 to 14) on Tuesdays and Mini Page (ages 4 to 8) on Wednesdays.
The Musée du Louvre, Paris, France - Free virtual tours includes popular exhibits.
The Solomon R. Guggenheim, New York, New York - Online collection includes a searchable database of approximately 8,000 artworks.
The National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. - Virtual video tours of current exhibitions; online learning opportunities and lectures by artists and curators.
- Homeward Alliance (in partnership with the Family Center/La Familia, Fuerza Latina and the Family Housing Network, provides services through the Camino a Casa Collective).
- McBackpack - Weekend food assistance for students and their families.
- Family Housing Network
- Meals for Kids
- For help finding resources: Call the 2-1-1 Resource Referral Line
Mental Health Support
- Safe2Tell - Anonymously report anything that concerns or threatens you, your friends, your family or your community; Open 24/7 to take reports.
Technical Assistance and Videos
Service providers: Internet Access
PSD tech help:
Poudre River Library tech support videos:
Español videos -
- Español - ParentVUE
- Español - Google Classroom
- Español - Gmail Accounts
- Español - MS Teams
- Español - How to setup Laptops & MiFis
- Español - Installing Zoom
- Español - PSD Tools Webinar recording
English videos -