Free or reduced-cost connectivity
MiFi devices distributed to families in need
PSD purchased and distributed 2,250 MiFi devices to students whose families were identified as not having reliable internet access in their home for remote education.
Rural Internet resources
Students with rural Internet who have difficulty connecting can leverage free public Wi-Fi in these locations:
- Red Feather Lakes Community Center
- Poudre Canyon Fire Protection District - Station 2, Rustic, 32510 Highway 14
- Horsetooth Area Information Center, 4200 W. County Road 38E
- Larimer County buildings.
Free or reduced-cost offers from service providers
Many broadband, satellite and mobile service providers are offering free or reduced-cost connectivity in response to COVID-19. The following resources are provided as a service and not as an endorsement by PSD. Please visit their website and contact them for the most current offers available.
- FCC Emergency Broadband Benefit: As of May 12, 2021, eligible households can enroll in the program to receive a monthly discount off the cost of broadband service from an approved provider. Learn details and how to apply on the FCC website.