Welcome to PSD!
Kindergarten is an exciting and important first step on your student's educational journey. In PSD, you'll find students are supported in many ways, which include caring teachers and staff, positive school and classroom culture, as well as a collaborative, safe and welcoming learning environment.
Kindergarten registration for the 2020-21 school year
Parents and guardians may register their child in-person at their neighborhood school on Kindergarten Registration Day during school hours on Thursday, Jan. 16. Parents can also register their new kindergarten student for the 2020-21 school year online beginning Jan. 6. Please visit the PSD Online Registration for New Students web page for information.
For the 2019-20 school year, your child must be 5 years old on or before September 15 to register for kindergarten. Younger students may be accepted if they transfer to PSD from another public school's kindergarten program.
Beginning with the 2020-21 school year, entrance age requirements for kindergarten will change, requiring that children be 5 years old on or before Oct. 1, 2020 (see the updated Superintendent's Policy JEB).
Determine your neighborhood school
Use the school locator to confirm your neighborhood school. You may also call 970-490-3302 to speak with someone regarding school locations.
Research options and visit the school
Detailed information on the variety of educational choices available to your child can be found in the Schools Directory.
Kindergarten information meetings and open houses are scheduled in January (see the 2019-20 Kindergarten Brochure). To arrange your own visit, please call the school directly to set up an appointment.
Please note: Parents who are submitting school choice applications for their students entering kindergarten, must still register their child at their neighborhood school.
Registration, forms and information to submit
To register your child for kindergarten, visit or contact your neighborhood school. Kindergarten registration day for the 2020-21 school year is Thursday, Jan. 16, at PSD neighborhood schools.
Please bring the following information with you:
- Verification of child’s birth date (birth certificate, passport, baptismal certificate, military ID, etc... original or certified copies acceptable)
- Emergency contact information, including health care provider contact information
- Immunization records or a signed State of Colorado Exemption Certificate, or parent statement is required for personal, religious, or medical exemptions to school immunization requirements. Visit the CDE website for required/recommended immunizations.
- Proof of residency (a copy of a lease agreement, mortgage statement, utility bill, etc.that shows that parent/guardian lives at the address within school boundaries)
- Completed enrollment forms:
BASE Camp offers childcare before and after school
BASE Camp provides a licensed, safe, quality and affordable childcare program on-site at your child's elementary school.
• Available from 6:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
• No contracts or commitments - Pay as you go, and only for what you use
• Drop-in options
• Supportive social environment
• Homework help
• Tuition assistance available
If you need information in an alternative format, please email email@example.com.