The Poudre School District Board of Education and Superintendent Brian Kingsley will host a series of three community engagement events this semester. Each event will focus on a specific topic and give those attending an opportunity to have conversations and share thoughts.
Sessions will include a short presentation followed by a discussion. The PSD Principles of Community will also be reviewed and discussed as a backdrop. Community members are invited to sign up to attend sessions they are interested in. Please know that space is limited to 30 seats at each event.
These engagement sessions follow six community events held during the 2021-22 school year, which gave PSD a chance to learn from stakeholders about issues important in the community. However, there was still a desire to have more time for discussion. Moving forward, PSD would like to provide community engagement opportunities on targeted topics where more learning and dialogue take place.
Upcoming sessions and topics include:
- Graduate with Options session on Wednesday, Feb. 1: 5:30-7:30 p.m., Fossil Ridge High School, 5400 Ziegler Road, Fort Collins
- Because there was tremendous interest in what it means for our students to be prepared for their next steps beyond PSD, this session is designed to be informative on current graduation requirements, as well as options for work-based learning and post-secondary credit options while still in high school. This session is also designed as an opportunity to provide feedback on what is important to incorporate into the preparation that PSD provides for students after graduation.
- Sign up for the Feb. 1 Graduate with Options session (space limited to 30 seats)
- Mental Health and Belonging session on Thursday, March 2: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Boltz Middle School, 720 Boltz Drive, Fort Collins
- Many stories on student mental health journeys were shared in our listening sessions in the spring and summer. This session is designed to share our current mental health and counseling support in the PSD system, as well as detail climate- and culture-building efforts that support belonging. It is also an opportunity to provide feedback on the types of student support that our community would like to see provided.
- Sign up for the March 2 Mental Health and Belonging session (space limited to 30 seats)
- School Safety session on Thursday, April 13: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., Fort Collins High School, 3400 Lambkin Way, Fort Collins
- Everyone wants kids to be safe and successful in school and this session will focus on current safety practices and drills designed to improve safety. It is also an opportunity to provide feedback on safety measures in place in schools.
- Sign up for the April 13 School Safety session (space limited to 30 seats)
For more information about these events, please contact Brett Larsen, PSD director of special projects and initiatives, at email@example.com.