Details of Projects
Opens: Winter 2019
- Status: Construction expected to begin spring 2019
- Increases enrollment capacity to 600 students
- Includes addition of classrooms, bathroom space and other projects
- Projected cost: $3 million
- New addition replaces modular classrooms, which will be removed in phases
New Athletics Complex
Location: At the Prospect site property, located on Prospect Road, east of Interstate Highway-25 (as part of the new middle/high school campus).
Opens: Fall 2021
- Multi-use field
- Stadium seating for 4,500
- Locker rooms for teams and referees
- Projected cost: $6.3 million
New Transportation Maintenance Facility, North Terminal
Location: The current North Terminal at the Johannsen Support Services complex, 2407 Laporte Ave. The new facility will replace existing offices, maintenance shops and bus parking area.
Opens: Fall 2022 (may be accelerated)
- Safety and facility upgrades to meet current code requirements
- Projected cost: $11.3 million
New Futures Lab
Location: Temporary location at Fort Collins High School, 3400 Lambkin Way, until a permanent location is determined.
Opens: Fall 2019
Serves: Grades 11-12 the first year. Plans are to expand to all high school students (grades 9-12) from all PSD high schools.
- Learn more about the project and the first year on the Futures Lab web page.
- Educational programming begins in 2019 with a few classes at FCHS. Plans are to expand with additional classes in 2020
- PSD will seek multiple sources of funding for this program that may include a portion of the 2016 bond premium after all other bond programming is complete. All projects included in the original 2016 bond program will be fully funded.