The Credit Bank is Here
The Human Resources team has exciting news! We’ve automated the lane change process so that you will be able to:
- View and keep track of all your credits - PSD professional development, university, and other outside credits - all in one location
- Enter credits for immediate approval
- Know instantly when you’re ready for a lane change
- Apply for a lane change easily and quickly
Please see the following links which contain graphics showing the process in more detail.
The lane change application is now available in Employee Records.
Lane Changes for 2020-2021 school year
- Add all external/university classes and official transcripts as External Credit Requests to your credit bank before applying for a lane change.
- You may apply for a lane change for classes completed by August 31, 2020, starting November 10, 2020; the salary adjustment will be effective January 1, 2021.
- The deadline to apply for a lane change for the 2020-2021 school year is May 10, 2021.
- Lane changes for classes completed after August 31, 2020, will be accepted after the negotiated salary schedule for 2021-2022 has been approved and will be processed and effective per the Employee Agreement in effect at that time.
For questions about the redesigned salary schedule and 2020-21 lane change rules, please see the New Licensed Salary Schedule page.
To be eligible for lane change credit, university courses must be:
1. Graduate level courses taken through a regionally accredited college or university with a grade of C- or better that are:
- in the subject area in which the licensed employee is currently or has been assigned, or related to the staff member's current or past assignment, or in a general education or interdisciplinary area; and
- taken after the receipt of the initial educator license; and
- taken after the conferral of the highest degree awarded.
2. Undergraduate courses, with prior approval, taken through a regionally accredited college or university with a grade of C- or better that are:
- related to the staff member's current or past assignment, or Spanish courses, or technology courses.
To be eligible for SSP lane change credit, the course/conference must be taken or attended during PSD employment and:
- sanctioned/endorsed by the SSP's state or national professional organization or
- taken/attended by director's request
SSP's include: Audiologist, Counselors, Mental Health Specialists, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, School Psychologists, School Social Workers, Speech/Language Clinicians, and Vision Mobility Specialists.
Please direct all lane change-related questions to email@example.com.