Automated professional development credits system and lane change process
- View and keep track of all your credits - PSD professional development, university, and other outside credits - all in one location
- Enter credits for quick approval and deposit to your bank
- Know instantly when you’re ready for a lane change
- Apply for a lane change easily and quickly
Lane Changes/Salary Advancement for Licensed Employees
Update Credit Bank:
- Add all external/university classes and official transcripts as External Credit Requests to your credit bank before applying for a lane change.
Apply for a Lane Change:
- Complete application in Employee Records. Use the timeline below for important deadlines.
Lane Change/Salary Adjustment Timeline
Adjustment Period 1:
August – December
- Courses taken Jan. 1 – Aug. 31
- All courses must be completed by Aug. 31
- Salary adjustment effective Aug. 1 (paid on Aug. 31 paycheck)
- Submit lane change application by Dec. 10 (retroactive to August)
Adjustment Period 2:
January - May
- Courses taken Sept. 1 – Dec. 31
- All courses must be completed by Dec. 31
- Salary adjustment effective Jan. 1 (paid on Jan. 31 paycheck)
- Submit lane change application by May 10 (retroactive to January)
All lane change applications must be submitted by the 10th of the month
Salary adjustment is effective the first day of the month and paid on the last of month.
Classes that count for lane change credit
These include university graduate courses and PSD lane change-approved classes. To be eligible for lane change credit, university courses must be:
1. Graduate level courses taken through a regionally accredited college or university with a grade of C- or better that are:
- In the subject area in which the licensed employee is currently or has been assigned, or related to the staff member's current or past assignment, or in a general education or interdisciplinary area; and
- Taken after the receipt of the initial educator license; and
- Taken after the conferral of the highest degree awarded.
2. Undergraduate courses, with prior approval, taken through a regionally accredited college or university with a grade of C- or better that are:
- Related to the staff member's current or past assignment, or Spanish courses or technology courses.
To be eligible for SSP lane change credit, the course/conference must be taken or attended during PSD employment and:
- Sanctioned/endorsed by the SSP's state or national professional organization or
- Taken/attended by director's request
SSP's include: Audiologists, Counselors, Mental Health Specialists, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, School Psychologists, School Social Workers, Speech/Language Clinicians, and Vision Mobility Specialists.