Automated professional development credits system and lane change process
- View and keep track of all your credits - PSD professional development, university, and other outside credits - all in one location
- Enter credits for quick approval and deposit to your bank
- Know instantly when you’re ready for a lane change
- Apply for a lane change easily and quickly
Lane changes for 2021-22 school year
- You may apply for a lane change for classes completed after Aug. 31, 2020 now; the salary adjustment will be effective Aug. 1, 2021.
- Add all external/university classes and official transcripts as External Credit Requests to your credit bank before applying for a lane change.
- The deadline to apply for a lane change effective Aug. 1, 2021 (adjustment period 1) is Dec. 10, 2021.
- The deadline to apply for a lane change effective Jan. 1, 2022 (adjustment period 2) is May 10, 2022.
Lane Change/Salary Adjustment Timeline
2021-22 school year
Adjustment Period 1:
August – December
- Courses taken Jan. 1 – Aug. 31
- All courses must be completed by Aug. 31, 2021
- Salary adjustment effective Aug. 1, 2021 (paid on Aug. 31, 2021 paycheck)
- Submit lane change application by Dec. 10, 2021 (retroactive to August 2021)
Adjustment Period 2:
January - May
- Courses taken Sept. 1 – Dec. 31
- All courses must be completed by Dec. 31, 2021
- Salary adjustment effective Jan. 1, 2022 (Jan. 31, 2022 paycheck)
- Submit lane change application by May 10, 2022 (retroactive to January 2022)
All lane change applications must be submitted by the 10th of the month
Salary adjustment is effective the first day of the month and paid on the last of month.
Classes that count for lane change credit
These include university graduate courses and PSD lane change-approved classes. To be eligible for lane change credit, university courses must be:
1. Graduate level courses taken through a regionally accredited college or university with a grade of C- or better that are:
- In the subject area in which the licensed employee is currently or has been assigned, or related to the staff member's current or past assignment, or in a general education or interdisciplinary area; and
- Taken after the receipt of the initial educator license; and
- Taken after the conferral of the highest degree awarded.
2. Undergraduate courses, with prior approval, taken through a regionally accredited college or university with a grade of C- or better that are:
- Related to the staff member's current or past assignment, or Spanish courses or technology courses.
To be eligible for SSP lane change credit, the course/conference must be taken or attended during PSD employment and:
- Sanctioned/endorsed by the SSP's state or national professional organization or
- Taken/attended by director's request
SSP's include: Audiologists, Counselors, Mental Health Specialists, Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, School Psychologists, School Social Workers, Speech/Language Clinicians, and Vision Mobility Specialists.
Lane Changes for 2020-21 school year
- The deadline to apply for a lane change for the 2020-2021 school year was May 10, 2021.
- Lane changes for classes completed after Aug. 31, 2020, will be accepted after the negotiated salary schedule for 2021-22 has been approved and will be processed and effective per the Employee Agreement in effect at that time.
For questions about the redesigned 2020 salary schedule and 2020-21 lane change rules, please see the New Licensed Salary Schedule web page.