In Poudre School District, all schools offer strong academic and social opportunities for students. At our neighborhood schools, your child will live near and go to class with their classmates, building a tightknit community together over time.
If your family is looking for a specific program or curriculum to best meet your child’s educational needs that isn’t available at your neighborhood school, however, PSD’s K-12 school choice program might be for you.
K-12 School Choice Process for 2024-25 School Year
- Submit school choice applications between 8 a.m., Wednesday, Nov. 1, and noon, Friday, Dec. 15, for the first-round application period. Visit the School Choice Application Process web page to submit an application.
- Many schools host informational sessions and open houses. Please contact the school or schools you are interested in applying to for details about their events.
- Submitting a school choice application does not guarantee enrollment at any school applied for; acceptance is based on eligibility requirements and space availability.
- First-round applications are not considered on a first-come-first-served basis; they are processed in a lottery to determine order within the application’s priority ranking. Please review the School Choice policy and priority rankings.
- Seat offers and waitlist notifications for first-round applicants are scheduled to be sent the second week in January 2024. Those offered a seat must respond to the offer within five business days, or the offer will be marked as declined.
A second-round school choice window is anticipated to open in late January 2024.
- Unlike the first-round, second-round applications are based on priority ranking and the date and time of when the application was submitted.
- Students are placed on the waitlist after any first-round applicants within the applicable priority ranking.
Students who intend to remain at their current school choice school for the following year do not need to re-apply.
Students placed on a school’s waitlist for 2023-24 and did not receive a seat offer must reapply for 2024-25 if they would still like to be considered to attend that school.
More information is available on the PSD School Choice Process web page.>>
Registration in PSD
- Online registration for all grades K-12 (for the 2024-25 school year will begin Monday, Nov. 27. To learn more about online registration and enrolling new or returning students, visit the PSD Online Registration web page.
- Kindergarten registration: Online registration process for the 2024-25 school year is anticipated to be open beginning Monday, Nov. 27, for parents/legal guardians to register their incoming kindergartner.
- In-person kindergarten registration is also available for families at neighborhood elementary schools Wednesday, Dec. 6. Contact your student’s neighborhood school for school hours.
- Parents/legal guardians must register students entering kindergarten at their designated neighborhood school, even if an application is pending for choice/open enrollment. Please refer to District Policy JEB for age requirements for kindergarten in PSD.
- Registering at the designated neighborhood school does not impact a pending school choice application or potential seat offers from a choice school or program.
- Parents/legal guardians of incoming kindergartners should complete online or in-person registration by Wednesday, Dec. 6, to allow schools to determine their classroom sizes, staffing needs and the number of school choice seats they can offer.
- Online registration will still be available for families throughout the rest of the year.