PSD Communications increases awareness, understanding, involvement, and support for schools through effective communication and community engagement.
PSD shares information and involves the community in major programs and activities in the district. These programs and activities often involve committees comprised of a broad cross-section of representatives, including parents, staff, and community members. District staff also serve as resources and content-area experts on committees.
Methods that provide parents, staff, and the community with ongoing, timely, accurate information regarding district programs and activities include:
- Parent and staff e-newsletters
- SchoolMessenger phone and email parent notification system
- Website updates and in-depth information
- Public information/input meetings, and a variety of community engagement activities
- Media news releases and announcements
- Social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
- PSD-TV Comcast Channel 10 broadcasts and announcements