PSD Partnership Center connects expertise, experience and resources to the District
We maintain a database resource of businesses, non-profit organizations, government entities, community members and parents, who work with our teachers and schools to enhance student learning and experiences.
You can share your business expertise or time with our students, staff and schools in several ways:
- Provide internships, mentors & job shadowing
- Be a guest speaker at a career fair or in a classroom
- Provide instruction in a specialized area in the classroom
- Host summer externships for teachers
- Host student field trips
- Interact with students at specific events (ie. reading or mathematics support)
- Support existing programs by volunteering or offering other assistance
- Work with teachers and staff to create unique and innovative learning experiences for students
- Contribute financial support through the Poudre School District Foundation
Interested in being involved? Contact the Partnership Center at 970-490-3208!
Connecting the classroom to careers, bringing students and businesses together
NoCo Inspire gives PSD high school students a chance to explore careers and industries by connecting them with local employers and community mentors. The goals are to give students career readiness skills by having them interact and build relationships with businesses and future employers, and to support a sustainable future workforce.
Mobile Academic Classroom helps Tavelli students keep skills sharp over the summer
PSD partnerships made a principal's dream a reality!
Welcome to PSD’s Mobile Academic Classroom, or MAC. What was once an old school bus, the MAC is an exciting classroom for Tavelli Elementary students, offering academic enrichment programs during the summer months to help keep kids’ skills sharp and to better prepare them for the new school year.
The idea for the MAC, which began serving students in summer 2018, came from Tavelli Elementary School Principal Christine Hendricks. The PSD Partnership Center worked with Hendricks, connecting partners across the district and in the community to transform a retired school bus into a groovy, educational classroom on wheels.
Thanks to financial assistance from the PSD Foundation, as well as a generous gift from an anonymous donor, the project was able to leverage donations to help make the dream a reality!