- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, NC
- Wake County Public School System, NC
- Broward County Public Schools, FL
- Member of Chiefs for Change
- Florida’s Middle School Principal of the Year in 2014
- Broward County’s Principal of the Year in 2013.
Brian Kingsley began work as Poudre School District's superintendent in July 2021 after being selected by the PSD Board of Education in April 2021 following a national search.
Kingsley intends to work side-by-side with staff, students, families and community members to make sure that every child has opportunities to grow through rigorous and inspiring educational experiences. He says social justice underpins his values as an educational leader and informs his vision of every student achieving educational success, feeling valued and contributing to a thriving community.
Kingsley will focus upon three core commitments and values: visionary district leadership, inclusive district culture and instructional excellence. Among his goals for the first 100 days are to:
- Ensure an orderly and effective transition of leadership
- Build robust and trusting relationships
- Lead with kindness and connect with PSD’s communities
- Communicate transparently and make sure that staff feel valued
- Honor past successes and celebrate progress
- Speak truthfully about areas for improvement along the path of supporting schools and enhancing PSD’s already high performance
Before coming to PSD, Kingsley served as the chief academic officer of Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools, the 18th-largest school system in the U.S. He has worked with others to close racial and economic opportunity and achievement gaps for students in his roles as a teacher, principal, assistant superintendent and chief academic officer at some of the nation’s largest and most diverse school systems.
Kingsley earned a bachelor’s degree from Penn State University in Elementary Education and a master’s degree in Educational Leadership from Florida Atlantic University. He is an alumni of the Chiefs for Change Future Chiefs program.
He and his wife Marilyn have two sons. Along with their two dogs, they are excited about joining the Northern Colorado community as new neighbors and friends.
Fun Facts about Brian
Grilled cheese and tomato soup is my all-time favorite meal. It reminds me of snow days and childhood.
I enjoy fly fishing.
I used to box in college.
I enjoy dancing, including the salsa and merengue with my wife.
My favorite subjects in school were math and P.E.