Student teacher and intern candidates are required to submit a PSD student teacher application in Recruit & Hire.
Student teachers/interns in PSD are only accepted from a sponsoring university/college. Candidates should not contact individual teachers or building administrators to obtain information for a student teaching placement.
Before placement consideration, student teacher/intern candidates must submit the following information (through the application system):
- Select Student Teacher Pool
- Personal Information
- Educational information
- Cover Letter
- Respond to questions related to teaching
- School preferences
Once an application is complete and submitted, PSD coordinates with the student's university and PSD schools to determine specific placement. Note: Successful completion of the student teacher application does not guarantee placement.
- DO NOT contact schools, principals, or teachers about student teaching
- Respond promptly to communication from the district
- Always keep your email contact information current
Student teacher guidelines, placement and timelines
- Spring 2018 Student Teacher Placement Timeline
- Fall 2018 Student Teacher Placement Timeline
- Student Teacher Handbook
- Guidelines for Selecting Cooperating Teachers
- Guidelines for Selecting Student Teachers
Counselor intern guidelines, placement and timelines