Health promotion, disease prevention and health maintenance
Students should be able to apply knowledge and skills related to health promotion, disease prevention and health maintenance.
Elementary learning goals
PreK - kindergarten:
- Develop self-management skills and personal hygiene skills to promote healthy habit.
- Explain how personal hygiene and cleanliness affect wellness.
- Demonstrate health-enhancing behaviors to prevent injury or illness.
- Recognize basic childhood chronic diseases.
- Explain how the dimensions of wellness are interrelated and impact personal health.
- Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills needed to discuss personal health problems to establish and maintain personal health and wellness.
- Comprehend concepts and identify strategies to prevent the transmission of disease.
Middle and high school learning goals
- Analyze how positive health behaviors can benefit people throughout their lifespan.
- Promote and enhance health through disease prevention.
Ninth - 12th grades:
- Develop and maintain ongoing evaluation of factors that impact health, and modify lifestyle accordingly.