Promote healthy, violence-free relationships standard
Students learn knowledge and skills that promote healthy, violence-free relationships.
Elementary learning goals
- Identify the importance of respecting the personal space and boundaries of self and others
Explain why bullying is harmful and how to respond appropriately.
Describe pro-social behaviors and skills that enhance healthy interactions with others
Demonstrate skills necessary to prevent a conflict from escalating to violence.
Demonstrate pro-social behaviors that reduce the likelihood of physical fighting, violence, and bullying
Middle and high school learning goals
- Demonstrate ways to advocate for a positive, respectful school and community environment that supports pro-social behavior
- Demonstrate self-management skills to reduce physical and emotional violence and actively participate in violence prevention
- Analyze the factors that influence violent and nonviolent behavior
- Analyze the factors that influence community and societal beliefs that underlie violence, and describe relationships, attitudes, behavior, and vulnerability to violence.
- Identify the emotional and physical consequences of violence, and find strategies to deal with, prevent, and report them
- Access valid information and resources that provide information about sexual assault and violence
- Demonstrate verbal and nonverbal communication skills and strategies to prevent violence