Materials Review Information
Poudre School District will adopt elementary (K-5) literacy materials for district-wide implementation at the start of the 2023-24 school year. This adoption will provide our teachers with high-quality instructional materials that align with the Colorado Academic Standards and support the Common Core Key Shifts in Language Arts.
Adopted materials will be on the Colorado Department of Education’s Advisory List of Instructional Programming, which identifies programming that supports systematic development of foundational reading skills for all PSD students.
The team will begin a deep review of submitted materials in November. Each submitted program will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Development of foundational reading skills for grades K-2
- Provision of high quality texts that are worthy of students’ time and attention
- Provision of opportunities for rich evidence-based engagement with text to build strong literacy skills
- Provision of texts that build knowledge systematically through reading, writing, speaking and listening, and language study
- How well it reflects the diversity of the students in our community
Community engagement sessions about literacy materials being considered for adoption will be held in January. A final recommendation and implementation plan will be developed by the review team and then submitted to the PSD Board of Education for approval in the spring. Be sure to check this page for updates on progress.