Please complete by March 10.
Career and Technical Education (CTE) provides students with the academic knowledge and technical skills they need to gain entry into high-skill, high-wage, and high-demand industries. CTE offers work-based learning experiences with hands-on learning to prepare students for the workforce or college.
Each pathway provides students the ability to earn college credit, industry credentials, and gain experience through work-based learning. Learn more by visiting the CTE website or click on the links below.
- Job Shadows
- Paid work
- Monitored chat rooms
Xello gives high school students a chance to explore careers and industries by connecting them with local employers and community members.
- Students: Login to Xello to see work-based learning opportunities. If you would like to earn credit at your high school for a work-based learning experience, please submit this form.
- Industry Partners: Find out here how you can engage with students and offer work-based learning opportunities.
Apply for student internships and apprenticeships
Sophomores and juniors can apply for internships, which take place during
the students' junior or senior year. Students may earn five to 10 elective credits.
- Apply or see a list of available internships on your Xello account.
- Apprenticeships are available through Career Wise.
Learn about ACE (Alternative Cooperation Education)
PSD videos - see work-based learning in action!
Career Pathways Program though FRCC
High school students may enroll in career and technical education programs at Front Range Community College through Career Pathways, a program funded by PSD and Thompson Valley School District. Students earn high school credit with the option to earn college credit.
Tuition is paid by PSD, but students pay their own program fees. Most classes are held at FRCC. Transportation is provided.
- Automotive Technology & Service
- Welding & Metal Fabrication
Find more information on the FRCC Career Pathways Program web page.