Accepting Applications for 2019-20
PSD's District Accountability Committee (DAC) has one representative seat open for the 2019-20 school year. The DAC is made up of parent and school representatives who work together to offer recommendations about the district's spending priorities, improvement plan, and charter schools to the PSD Board of Education.
The DAC is looking for:
- A parent of an English language learner student in the district
The committee meets once per month, typically on the third Wednesday, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., in the board room at the Johannsen Support Services Center, 2407 LaPorte Ave.
Meeting dates for 2019-20 are:
• August 21, 2019
• September 18, 2019
• October 23, 2019
• November 20, 2019
• December 18, 2019
• January 22, 2020
• February 19, 2020
• March 2020 (BOE meeting TBD)
• April 22, 2020
• May 20, 2020
People interested in serving on the DAC should contact PSD Curriculum Director Robert Beauchamp at 970-490-3667 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the DAC
The District Accountability Committee (DAC) is required by the Colorado Accountability Act.
DAC committee responsibilities
- Recommending to its local school board priorities for spending school district monies
- Submitting recommendations to the local school board concerning preparation of the district's Performance, Improvement, Priority Improvement or Turnaround plan (whichever is applicable)
- Reviewing any charter school applications received by the local school board and, if the local school board receives a charter school renewal application and upon request of the district and at the DAC's option, reviewing any renewal application prior to consideration by the local school board
- At least annually, cooperatively determining, with the local school board, the areas and issues, in addition to budget issues, that the DAC shall study and make recommendations upon
- At its option, meeting a least quarterly to discuss whether district leadership, personnel, and infrastructure are advancing or impeding implementation of the district's performance, improvement, priority improvement, or turnaround plan, whichever is applicable
When the DAC recommends spending priorities, it must make reasonable efforts to consult in a substantive manner with the School Accountability Committees (SACs) in the district. Likewise, in preparing recommendations for and advising on the district plan, the DAC must make reasonable efforts to consult in a substantive manner with the SACs in the district and must submit to the local school board the school performance, improvement, priority improvement and turnaround plans submitted by the SACs.
DAC committee members
Each local Board of Education is responsible for either appointing or creating a process for electing the members of a District Accountability Committee. This committee must consist of the following:
- At least three parents of students enrolled in the district
- At least one teacher employed by the district
- At least one school administrator employed by the district
- At least one person involved in business in the community within the district boundaries.
Robert Beauchamp Co-chair
Meetings are held 6:30 pm - 8:30 p.m. in the board room at the JSSC. Agendas and minutes will be posted when available.
Aug. 21 agenda / Aug. 21 minutes
Sept. 18 agenda / Sept. 18 minutes
Oct. 16 agenda / Oct. 16 minutes
Nov. 20 agenda / Nov. 20 minutes
Dec. 18 agenda / Dec. 18 minutes
Jan. 22 agenda / Jan. 22 minutes
Feb. 19 agenda / Feb. 19 minutes
Apr. 22 agenda / Apr. 22 minutes
May 20 agenda / May 20 minutes
Other past meeting agendas and minutes: