Applications for open seats
PSD's District Accountability Committee (DAC) is made up of parent and school representatives who work together to offer recommendations about the district's spending priorities, improvement plan, and charter schools to the PSD Board of Education.
The committee meets once per month, typically on the third Wednesday, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., in the board room at the Johannsen Support Services Center, 2407 LaPorte Ave.
Meeting dates for 2021-22:
August 18, 2021
September 22, 2021
October 20, 2021
November 17, 2021
December 8, 2021
January 19, 2022
February 16, 2022
April 20, 2022
May 18, 2022
Those interested in serving on the DAC should contact PSD Curriculum Director Robert Beauchamp at 970-490-3667 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the DAC
The District Accountability Committee (DAC) is required by the Colorado Accountability Act.
DAC committee responsibilities
- Recommending to its local school board priorities for spending school district monies
- Submitting recommendations to the local school board concerning preparation of the district's Performance, Improvement, Priority Improvement or Turnaround plan (whichever is applicable)
- Reviewing any charter school applications received by the local school board and, if the local school board receives a charter school renewal application and upon request of the district and at the DAC's option, reviewing any renewal application prior to consideration by the local school board
- At least annually, cooperatively determining, with the local school board, the areas and issues, in addition to budget issues, that the DAC shall study and make recommendations upon
- At its option, meeting a least quarterly to discuss whether district leadership, personnel, and infrastructure are advancing or impeding implementation of the district's performance, improvement, priority improvement, or turnaround plan, whichever is applicable
When the DAC recommends spending priorities, it must make reasonable efforts to consult in a substantive manner with the School Accountability Committees (SACs) in the district. Likewise, in preparing recommendations for and advising on the district plan, the DAC must make reasonable efforts to consult in a substantive manner with the SACs in the district and must submit to the local school board the school performance, improvement, priority improvement and turnaround plans submitted by the SACs.
DAC committee members
Each local Board of Education is responsible for either appointing or creating a process for electing the members of a District Accountability Committee. This committee must consist of the following:
- At least three parents of students enrolled in the district
- At least one teacher employed by the district
- At least one school administrator employed by the district
- At least one person involved in business in the community within the district boundaries.
Robert Beauchamp - Director of Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment and DAC Co-chair
Heather Alderman - Parent of a student with a disability
Ashley Anderson - Parent of an Early Childhood student
DJ Anderson - BOE Liaison
Joe Gawronski - Secondary Administrator
Norma Huerta-Kelly - Elementary Administrator
Susan Sasson - Parent of a minority/diverse student
Rachel Olsen - District Advisory Board (DAB) liaison
Jack Robertson - Poudre School District Classified employee
Angela Lindquist - Parent of a High School student
Jennifer Keeton - Parent of an Elementary School student
Melody Shaddix - Parent of a Charter School student
Dana Gaines - Parent of a Middle School student
2020-21 meetings, agendas and minutes
Meetings are held 6:30 pm - 8:30 p.m. in the board room at the JSSC. Agendas and minutes are posted when available.