Poudre School District offers a variety of athletic opportunities for students at the high school level. Each comprehensive high school in PSD has a full time Athletic Director who is charged with overseeing the athletic programs.
|ATHLETIC FEES||All Sports||Boys & Girls Lacrosse||Unified Sports||Ice Hockey|
|PSD Non-Charter Students||$150||$150 plus $180||$85||$150 plus $1,000|
|Home-Based, Charter & Private School Students||$225||$225 plus $270||$127||$225 plus $1,000|
No family maximum for fees.
Fall Sports: Boys and Girls Cross Country, Field Hockey*, Football, Boys Golf, Girls Gymnastics*, Boys Soccer, Softball, Spirit, Boys Tennis, Volleyball
Winter Sports: Boys and Girls Basketball, Ice Hockey*, Girls Swimming/Diving, Wrestling
Spring Sports: Baseball, Girls Golf, Boys and Girls Lacrosse*, Girls Soccer, Boys Swimming/Diving, Girls Tennis, Boys and Girls Track & Field
*Athletic programs not offered by all four comprehensive high schools. These programs are combined teams. CHSAA requires the combined teams to be assigned to a specific high school. Information below identifies the combined sport and which high school it's assigned to. Students interested in the combined athletic programs may register at assigned school or through the athletic office at their high school (if a student at one of the four PSD comprehensive high schools).
- Gymnastics - Fort Collins High School and Rocky Mountain High School
- Field Hockey - Fossil Ridge High School
- Boys' Lacrosse - Rocky Mountain High School
- Girls' Lacrosse - Rocky Mountain High School
- Ice Hockey - Fort Collins High School
Unified Sports - Special Olympics of Colorado Unified Sports offered at each high school.
- Flag Football
All high school students participating in PSD Athletics must have these forms completed online or turned into their school prior to participation:
- 2018-2019 High School Athletic Participation & Release (Espanol)
- 2018-2019 Physician Certification of Student Fitness for Athletic Participation (Espanol)
- 2018-2019 Student Athlete Medical Information Form (Espanol)
- 2018-2019 CHSAA Student Eligibility Information & Anti-Hazing Policy (Espanol)
- Pay athletic fee. Students who do not pay will not be allowed to participate. No family maximum.
Sign up to receive instant notification of any schedule changes by following the instructions in the RSchool Parent Guide. This will allow you to receive a text and/or an email immediately if any changes are made to the schedule(s) you are following. This guide will also provide instructions to download athletic schedules. and receive live updates to your calendar.
Does your student need a sports physical? For the second year in a row, the Health and Wellness Center at Centennial High School will be offering sports physicals/well child exams over the summer months (June - August). The Center can bill insurance and no child is ever turned away for inability to pay. For more information visit www.hwcenter.org or call the office at (970) 488-4950.
PSD Ejection Policy for Spectators
Any spectator affiliated with PSD schools that is ejected or removed from an athletic venue due to poor sportsmanship will be placed on probation and not allowed to return to further PSD athletic events until the following have occurred:
- The individual meets with the building administration to discuss future expectations for behavior.
- The individual completes an approved NFHS Sportsmanship course. The course is free and is available online. A certificate of completion must be presented to the District Athletic Director as proof of meeting this requirement.
Repeated minor offenses or egregious acts of unsportsmanlike conduct including contact with an official, coach, staff member, opposing team members, throwing items onto court or floor, etc. will be grounds for law enforcement involvement and may be grounds for spectator to be permanently banned from all future PSD contests.