Poudre School District offers a variety of athletic opportunities for students at the high school level. Each comprehensive high school in PSD has a full time Athletic Director who is charged with overseeing the athletic programs.
|ATHLETIC FEES||All Sports||Boys & Girls Lacrosse||Unified Sports||Ice Hockey||Nordic Skiing|
|PSD Non-Charter Students||$175||$175 plus $180||$95||$175 plus $1,000||$175 plus $400|
|Home-Based, Charter & Private School Students||$263||$263 plus $270||$143||$263 plus $1,000||$263 plus $400|
No family maximum for fees.
Fall Sports: Boys and Girls Cross Country, Field Hockey*, Football, Boys Golf, Girls Gymnastics*, Boys Soccer, Softball, Spirit, Boys Tennis, Volleyball
Winter Sports: Boys and Girls Basketball, Ice Hockey*, Girls Swimming/Diving, Wrestling, Nordic Skiing, Girls Wrestling*
Spring Sports: Baseball, Girls Golf, Boys and Girls Lacrosse*, Girls Soccer, Boys Swimming/Diving, Girls Tennis, Boys and Girls Track & Field
*Athletic programs not offered by all four comprehensive high schools. These programs are combined teams. CHSAA requires the combined teams to be assigned to a specific high school. Information below identifies the combined sport and which high school it's assigned to. Students interested in the combined athletic programs may register at assigned school or through the athletic office at their high school (if a student at one of the four PSD comprehensive high schools).
- Gymnastics - Rocky Mountain High School
- Field Hockey - Fossil Ridge High School
- Boys' Lacrosse - Rocky Mountain High School
- Girls' Lacrosse - Rocky Mountain High School
- Ice Hockey - Fort Collins High School
- Nordic Skiing- Poudre High School
- Girls Wrestling- Poudre High School
Unified Sports - Special Olympics of Colorado Unified Sports offered at each high school.
- Flag Football
All high school students participating in PSD Athletics must have these forms completed online or turned into their school prior to participation:
- 2020-2021 High School Athletic Participation & Release (Espanol)
- 2020-2021 Physician Certification of Student Fitness for Athletic Participation (Espanol)
- 2020-2021 Student Athlete Medical Information Form (Espanol)
- 2020-2021 CHSAA Student Eligibility Information & Anti-Hazing Policy ( Espanol)
- 2020-2021 PSD Social Media Signature Form (Espanol)
- Pay athletic fee. Students who do not pay will not be allowed to participate. No family maximum.
Sign up to receive instant notification of schedule changes by following instructions in the RSchools Parent Guide. By signing up, you'll receive a text / email immediately about schedule changes.This guide also provides instructions to download schedules and on how you can receive live updates to your calendar.
Does your student need a sports physical? The Health and Wellness Center at Centennial High School offers sports physicals/well child exams June through August. The Center can bill insurance and no child is ever turned away for inability to pay. For more information, visit the https://hwcenter.org/ or call the office at (970) 488-4950.
PSD Ejection Policy for Spectators
Any spectator affiliated with PSD schools that is ejected or removed from an athletic venue due to poor sportsmanship will be placed on probation and not allowed to return to further PSD athletic events until the following have occurred:
- The individual meets with the building administration to discuss future expectations for behavior.
- The individual completes an approved NFHS Sportsmanship course. The course is free and is available online. A certificate of completion must be presented to the District Athletic Director as proof of meeting this requirement.
Repeated minor offenses or egregious acts of unsportsmanlike conduct including contact with an official, coach, staff member, opposing team members, throwing items onto court or floor, etc. will be grounds for law enforcement involvement and may be grounds for spectator to be permanently banned from all future PSD contests.