Poudre School District offers a variety of athletic opportunities for students at the high school level. Each comprehensive high school in PSD has a full time Athletic Director who is charged with overseeing the athletic programs.
|ATHLETIC FEES||All Sports||Unified Sports||Ice Hockey||Nordic Skiing|
|PSD Non-Charter Students||$205||$100||$205 plus up to $1,000||$190 plus pay as you go|
|Home-Based, Charter & Private School Students||$305||$150||$305 plus up to $1,000||$285 plus pay as you go|
No family maximum for fees.
Fall Sports: Boys and Girls Cross Country, Field Hockey*, Football, Boys Golf, Girls Gymnastics*, Boys Soccer, Softball, Spirit, Boys Tennis, Girls Volleyball
Winter Sports: Boys and Girls Basketball, Ice Hockey*, Girls Swimming/Diving, Wrestling, Nordic Skiing, Girls Wrestling*
Spring Sports: Baseball, Girls Golf, Boys and Girls Lacrosse*, Girls Soccer, Boys Swimming/Diving, Girls Tennis, Boys and Girls Track & Field, Boys Volleyball*
*Athletic programs not offered by all four comprehensive high schools. These programs are combined teams. CHSAA requires the combined teams to be assigned to a specific high school. Information below identifies the combined sport and which high school it's assigned to. Students interested in the combined athletic programs may register at assigned school or through the athletic office at their high school (if a student at one of the four PSD comprehensive high schools).
- Gymnastics - Rocky Mountain High School
- Field Hockey - Fossil Ridge High School
- Boys' Lacrosse - Timnath High School
- Girls' Lacrosse - Rocky Mountain High School
- Ice Hockey - Fort Collins High School
- Nordic Skiing- Poudre High School
- Girls' Wrestling- Poudre High School
- Boys' Volleyball- Fossil Ridge High School
Unified Sports - Special Olympics of Colorado Unified Sports offered at each high school.
- Flag Football
Summer Programs: Any athlete participating in summer training with their high school team must complete this waiver and return it to their coach. PSD Athletics Summer Programs Waiver
All high school students participating in PSD Athletics must have these forms completed online or turned into their school prior to participation:
2023-2024 High School Athletic Registration Forms
- Student Athlete Medical Information Form 2023-2024.pdf
- CHSAA Eligibility Form202023-2024.pdf
- Physician's Certification Athletics 2023-2024.pdf
- Authorization for Athletic Participation 2023-2024.pdf
- Social Media 2023-2024.pdf
- PSD Athletics In-State Overnight Field Trip Blanket Release - Fall 2023.pdf
- Pay athletic fee. Students who do not pay will not be allowed to participate. No family maximum.
- Student Athlete Medical Information Form2023-2024 Spanish.pdf
- CHSAA Eligibility Form2023-2024 Spanish.pdf
- Physician's Certification Athletics 2023-2024 Spanish.pdf
- Authorization for Athletic Participation HS 2023-2024 Spanish.pdf
- Social Media Signature Form Espanol 2023-2024.pdf
- Athletics In-State Overnight Field Trip Blanket Release-Spanish-Fall 2023.pdf
- Pay athletic fee. Student who do not pay will not be allowed to participate. No family maximum.
Sign up to receive instant notification of schedule changes by following instructions in the RSchools Parent Guide. By signing up, you'll receive a text / email immediately about schedule changes. This guide also provides instructions to download schedules and on how you can receive live updates to your calendar. https://www.frontrangeleague.org/g5-bin/client.cgi?G5genie=812
Does your student need a sports physical? The Health and Wellness Center at Centennial High School offers sports physicals/well child exams June through August. The Center can bill insurance and no child is ever turned away for inability to pay. For more information, visit the https://hwcenter.org/ or call the office at (970) 488-4900.
PSD Ejection Policy for Spectators
Any spectator affiliated with PSD schools that is ejected or removed from an athletic venue due to poor sportsmanship will be placed on probation and not allowed to return to further PSD athletic events until the following have occurred:
- The individual meets with the building administration to discuss future expectations for behavior.
- The individual completes an approved NFHS Sportsmanship course. The course is free and is available online. A certificate of completion must be presented to the District Athletic Director as proof of meeting this requirement.
Repeated minor offenses or egregious acts of unsportsmanlike conduct including contact with an official, coach, staff member, opposing team members, throwing items onto court or floor, etc. will be grounds for law enforcement involvement and may be grounds for spectator to be permanently banned from all future PSD contests.