Poudre School District offers a variety of athletic opportunities for students at the high school level. Each comprehensive high school in PSD has a full time Athletic Director who is charged with overseeing the athletic programs.
|ATHLETIC FEES||All Sports||Boys & Girls Lacrosse||Unified Sports||Ice Hockey||Nordic Skiing|
|PSD Non-Charter Students||$190||$190 only||$95||$190 plus $1,000||$190 plus pay as you go|
|Home-Based, Charter & Private School Students||$285||$285 only||$143||$285 plus $1,000||$285 plus pay as you go|
No family maximum for fees.
Fall Sports: Boys and Girls Cross Country, Field Hockey*, Football, Boys Golf, Girls Gymnastics*, Boys Soccer, Softball, Spirit, Boys Tennis, Volleyball
Winter Sports: Boys and Girls Basketball, Ice Hockey*, Girls Swimming/Diving, Wrestling, Nordic Skiing, Girls Wrestling*
Spring Sports: Baseball, Girls Golf, Boys and Girls Lacrosse*, Girls Soccer, Boys Swimming/Diving, Girls Tennis, Boys and Girls Track & Field, Boys Volleyball*
*Athletic programs not offered by all four comprehensive high schools. These programs are combined teams. CHSAA requires the combined teams to be assigned to a specific high school. Information below identifies the combined sport and which high school it's assigned to. Students interested in the combined athletic programs may register at assigned school or through the athletic office at their high school (if a student at one of the four PSD comprehensive high schools).
- Gymnastics - Rocky Mountain High School
- Field Hockey - Fossil Ridge High School
- Boys' Lacrosse - Timnath High School
- Girls' Lacrosse - Rocky Mountain High School
- Ice Hockey - Fort Collins High School
- Nordic Skiing- Poudre High School
- Girls Wrestling- Poudre High School
- Boys Volleyball- Fossil Ridge High School
Unified Sports - Special Olympics of Colorado Unified Sports offered at each high school.
- Flag Football
All high school students participating in PSD Athletics must have these forms completed online or turned into their school prior to participation:
2022-2023 High School Athletic Registration Forms
- Student_Athlete_Medical_Information_Form 2022-2023.pdf
- CHSAA_Eligibility_Form 2022-2023.pdf
- Physician's_Certification_Athletics_HS 2022-2023.pdf
- Authorization_for_Athletic_Participation_HS 2022-2023.pdf
- Social Media 2022-2023 English.pdf
- Pay athletic fee. Students who do not pay will not be allowed to participate. No family maximum.
- High School Physician's Certification ESP 2022-2023.pdf
- High School Student Eligibility Information ESP 2022-2023.pdf
- High School Student Medical Release ESP 2022-2023.pdf
- High School Permission and Release ESP 2022-2023.pdf
- Social Media Signature Form Espanol 2022-2023.pdf
- Pay athletic fee. Student who do not pay will not be allowed to participate. No family maximum.
Sign up to receive instant notification of schedule changes by following instructions in the RSchools Parent Guide. By signing up, you'll receive a text / email immediately about schedule changes. This guide also provides instructions to download schedules and on how you can receive live updates to your calendar. https://www.frontrangeleague.org/g5-bin/client.cgi?G5genie=812
Does your student need a sports physical? The Health and Wellness Center at Centennial High School offers sports physicals/well child exams June through August. The Center can bill insurance and no child is ever turned away for inability to pay. For more information, visit the https://hwcenter.org/ or call the office at (970) 488-4900.
Canvas Community Classic
Rocky Mountain High School and Poudre High School will kick off at 4:30 p.m., Friday, Sept. 30, at Sonny Lubick Field on CSU’s main campus in Fort Collins. Then Fort Collins High School will take on Fossil Ridge High School at 7 p.m.
Tickets will go on sale Monday, Aug. 1, through the CSU Ticket Office website. Tickets are $10 for adults, and free for PSD and CSU students.
Canvas has donated to PSD in the past to support the district’s literacy efforts, as well as taught financial literacy to high school students at PSD’s Futures Lab. As part of the football games this fall, the credit union is also gifting $20,000 to PSD. The money will be split among the four high schools and be used to buy needed athletics equipment.
“Investing in the growth of future Poudre School District community leaders matters deeply,” said Todd Marksberry, Canvas Credit Union’s president and chief executive officer. “We commit holistically to the wellness of Coloradans. We walk together to enhance financial, physical, mental, and social well-being. This event brings to life all of those pillars and ensures we have fun along the way. We are honored to participate and celebrate our young leaders.”
As leading educational institutions in the community, PSD and CSU have a decades-long legacy of collaborative programming that successfully prepares students for academic, social and personal success.
Between the two institutions, there are an estimated 65 programs available to students, family and staff. They range from CSU campus visits for PSD sixth and seventh graders to the upcoming PSD Day at CSU women's basketball event. CSU has also donated tens of thousands of dollars to PSD classrooms over the years.
PSD Ejection Policy for Spectators
Any spectator affiliated with PSD schools that is ejected or removed from an athletic venue due to poor sportsmanship will be placed on probation and not allowed to return to further PSD athletic events until the following have occurred:
- The individual meets with the building administration to discuss future expectations for behavior.
- The individual completes an approved NFHS Sportsmanship course. The course is free and is available online. A certificate of completion must be presented to the District Athletic Director as proof of meeting this requirement.
Repeated minor offenses or egregious acts of unsportsmanlike conduct including contact with an official, coach, staff member, opposing team members, throwing items onto court or floor, etc. will be grounds for law enforcement involvement and may be grounds for spectator to be permanently banned from all future PSD contests.