Poudre School District offers a comprehensive athletic program for students at the middle school level. All middle school athletic programs are open to any student in 7th-8th grade who have completed the check-out process outlined below.
Athletic registration is easier and quicker for families with online forms and registration.
- Fees: $105 per sport for 6-8th graders
- Home-based, charter, and private school students 6th-8th grade: $157 per sport
- No family maximum
Student athletes must complete the athletic registration online or have the following forms completed and turned into their school prior to participation:
- 2018-2019 Middle School Check-out Forms (English)
- 2018-2019 Middle School Check-out Forms (Espanol)
- Physician Certification of Student Fitness for Athletic Participation (English)
- Physician Certification of Student Fitness for Athletic Participation (Espanol)
*Home school students or students who attend a school that does not offer middle school athletics will be placed upon request per the PSD Placement Guidelines. Interested parents must contact the PSD Athletic office at 970-490-3332 to request formal athletic placement.
Middle School sports offered
Fall Sports: Boys and Girls Cross Country, Football, Boys and Girls Tennis, Volleyball
Winter Sports: Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Wrestling
Spring Sports: Softball, Boys Golf, Girls Golf, Boys and Girls Track & Field
Sixth-grade students may participate in cross country, golf and track and field at their schools. For all other sports at the 6th grade level, programming is offered through Fort Collins Recreation.
The Health and Wellness Center at Centennial High School offers sports physicals/well child exams June - August. The Center can bill insurance and no child is ever turned away for inability to pay. For more information visit www.hwcenter.org or call their office at 970-488-4950.
Visit the District Athletics website for all athletic schedules and standings.
PSD ejection policy for spectators:
Any spectator affiliated with PSD schools that is ejected or removed from an athletic venue due to poor sportsmanship will be placed on probation and not allowed to return to further PSD athletic events until the following have occurred:
- The individual meets with the building administration to discuss future expectations for behavior.
- The individual completes an approved NFHS Sportsmanship course. The course is free and is available online. A certificate of completion must be presented to the District Athletic Director as proof of meeting this requirement.
Repeated minor offenses or egregious acts of unsportsmanlike conduct including contact with an official, coach, staff member, opposing team members, throwing items onto court or floor, etc. will be grounds for law enforcement involvement and may be grounds for spectator to be permanently banned from all future PSD contests.