Student screening and evaluations
- Age-appropriate child development screening
- Developmental Evaluation through Child Find
Family services and parenting education classes
- Parent classes
- Male engagement program
- PACT (Parent And Child Togetherness) events
Referrals for community resources / services
- Health and dental
- Mental wellness
- Food and housing
Expectant families / families with children, birth to age 3
Quality services and support is available to families who meet the Early Head Start eligibility requirements.
- Expectant families
- Child's age (birth to age 3)
- Family needs and income
- Prenatal parent education support
- Home visits
- Educational, hearing and vision screenings
- Socialization opportunities through PACT (Parent and Child Togetherness) events
- Partnerships with local infant and toddler childcare centers and with service providers for children with IFSPs
Preschool programs for children, ages 3 to 5*
To apply or learn more about PSD preschool in PSD, visit the Apply for Preschool web page.
To see where ECE preschool classes are located, see this ECE map of schools and community sites.
PSD's Early Childhood Education quality preschool programs offer children:
- Social/emotional skills development
- Literacy and language development
- Individualized academic plans
- Highly-qualified licensed teachers (59% have Master's degrees) who partner with families to offer the best services specific to each child.
Tuition-based slots are available, based on availability, at elementary schools offering preschool. Classes meet four days per week, Monday through Thursday.
Note: Tuition rates are subject to change.
- One-time, non-refundable enrollment fee of $50, due within 10 days of placement slot offering
- $3663 or $407 per month for 9 months for a 2 hour and 45 minute class
- $3969 or $441 per month for 9 months for a 3 hour and 30 minute class
No-cost preschool is available to families who meet eligibility requirements through the following programs:
- Head Start*
- Colorado Preschool Program*
- Early Childhood Special Education*
*Children must be 3-years-old by October 1 of the year of enrollment for Head Start, Colorado Preschool Program and tuition-based preschool. Children are eligible on their 3rd birthday for Early Childhood Special Education/Integrated Services. Children who are school-aged 5 or age 5 by October 1 are not eligible for preschool services.