Student screening and evaluations
- Age-appropriate child development screening
- Developmental Evaluation through Child Find
Family services and parenting education classes
- Parent classes
- Male engagement program
- PACT (Parent And Child Togetherness) events
Referrals for community resources / services
- Health and dental
- Mental wellness (Mental Health Consent /Referrals form)
- Food and housing
Expectant families / families with children, birth to age 3
Quality services and support is available to families who meet the Early Head Start eligibility requirements.
- Expectant families
- Child's age (birth to age 3)
- Family needs and income
- Prenatal parent education support
- Home visits
- Educational, hearing and vision screenings
- Socialization opportunities through PACT (Parent and Child Togetherness) events
- Partnerships with local infant and toddler childcare centers and with service providers for children with IFSPs
Preschool programs for children, ages 3 to 5*
To apply or learn more about PSD preschool in PSD, visit the Apply for Preschool web page.
PSD's Early Childhood Education quality preschool programs offer children:
- Social/emotional skills development
- Literacy and language development
- Individualized academic plans
- Highly-qualified licensed teachers (59% have Master's degrees) who partner with families to offer the best services specific to each child.
Tuition-based slots are available, based on availability, at elementary schools offering preschool. Classes meet four days per week, Monday through Thursday.
Note: Tuition rates are subject to change.
- One-time, non-refundable enrollment fee of $50, due within 10 days of placement slot offering
- $3,465 or $385 per month for 9 months for a 2 hour and 45 minute class
- $3,762 or $418 per month for 9 months for a 3 hour and 30 minute class
No-cost preschool is available to families who meet eligibility requirements through the following programs:
- Head Start*
- Colorado Preschool Program*
- Early Childhood Special Education*
*Children must be 3-years-old by September 15 of the year of enrollment for Head Start, Colorado Preschool Program and tuition-based preschool. Children are eligible on their 3rd birthday for Early Childhood Special Education/Integrated Services. Children who are school-aged 5 or age 5 by September 15 are not eligible for preschool services.