Free and Reduced Meals" rel=" noopener" target="_blank">SNAP InformationAbout 89,000 Colorado families use SNAP food assistance.  You can, too.  Visit Colorado PEAK for more information, including how you could get money each month for nutritious meals.  FAQs

Accepting Applications for the 2021-22 School Year

We have started accepting applications for the 2021-22 school year. Please fill out ALL required information - incomplete applications cannot be processed. Only one application per household is required. Applications may also be picked up at the Child Nutrition Department, 1502 S. Timberline Road. 

2021-2022 Public Release   2021-2022 Public Release Spanish

Apply for Meal Benefits button

Eligibility and Notification

Students may be eligible for free or reduced lunches if they receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or if the household income is within the eligibility limits set by the government. Children who qualify for free or reduced meals are offered the same foods as children who pay full price. 

Once your application has been reviewed, you will be notified of the decision. Applications may take up to 10 days to be processed. Households are responsible for meal costs until the application has been processed. If you're denied benefits, you may appeal the decision. Instructions for the appeal process will be included with the eligibility determination letter.

Note: You may be asked to verify information in the application, allowing the school district to confirm eligibility for the free and reduced meals.

To request a copy of your Free and Reduced Meals letter, email the following information to:

  • Student(s) full name.
  • Student(s) ID number.
  • Student(s) Date of Birth.
  • The school year of the requested letter.
  • Specify if you would like to receive the letter via email, United States Postal Service, or if you would like to pick up the letter at the Child Nutrition Office.

Once the request is received, we will verify your student(s)' information and send you a copy of the requested letter(s).

Qualifying students may apply for fees/charges waivers and other benefits

Families who qualify for Free and Reduced Meal Benefits are eligible for school fee/charge waivers. See the Student Fees and Charges web page for instructions on how to complete the Permission to Share Information for Fee/Charge Waivers form.

Families can also apply for the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (FCC BB information | FF BB Information – Spanish) that provides a temporary discount on monthly broadband bills for qualifying households. A qualification is a household that is approved under the free and reduced school lunch or breakfast program. See details on the FCC website.


Application information is confidential. Your child's eligibility status is also kept confidential when they pay for meals. With your consent, application information may be provided to other assistance programs, for which you would provide similar information, to make applying for these programs easier. Your eligibility status may be told without consent to federal and state education/health programs to help evaluate the benefit of programs.

Non-discrimination Statement: In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.
To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights; 1400 Independence Avenue, SW Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.