Notice of public meeting:
Sept. 26 Board Meeting
On Tuesday, September 26, 2023, the Poudre School District Board of Education will convene a dinner session meeting at 5:30 p.m. in the IT Training Room, located in the Information Technology Center, 2413 Laporte Avenue. This session is open to the public, and seating is limited. The session will not be live streamed but will be recorded.
Immediately following the dinner session, a regular business meeting will take place at 6:30 p.m. in the Poudre School District Johannsen Support Services Center board room, located at 2407 Laporte Avenue, Fort Collins. Due to space constraints, a limited number of public seats will be available. Once capacity has been reached, no one else will be allowed into the building. Members of the public are encouraged to watch the meeting live here or on Comcast/Xfinity channel 10.
PSD continues to be a mask-friendly district and supports those who choose to wear a mask or not. Protocols could change at any time between the receipt of this posting and the meeting itself. Members of the community are expected to follow current PSD COVID protocols when in PSD buildings.
During the meeting, community members will have an opportunity to make remarks in person only. To provide comments during the Board meeting, members of the public must sign up to speak in advance. Those who have signed up before the stated deadline will receive an email acknowledgment and instructions on how to make remarks to the Board during the meeting. Please do not sign up to speak unless you plan to attend. The form to sign up can be found here. To sign up to speak, please complete the form no later than 5:00 p.m. on the day prior to the meeting. Note: The Board President may impose ad hoc rules before or during the meeting to reasonably limit the total time allotted for community comment or the time allotted per speaker, depending on the number of people signed up to speak. The registration process may be closed early if the Board President determines the capacity for providing public comment has been reached.
We will consider requests for reasonable accommodations, made under the ADA. Anyone seeking accommodations at these meetings must notify PSD Student Services Director Liz Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 p.m. on the day prior to the meeting.
If preferred, the public can provide comments by email to email@example.com. These comments will not be read live at the Board meeting or included in the meeting minutes.
Please note: Due to space constraints, only those pre-registered to speak will be allowed to participate in the Community Comment portion of the meeting. If the number of people signed up to speak during the meeting exceeds the number of people who can safely be in the building at one time, the line may extend outside the building.
The Board typically allocates between 30 and 45 minutes to public comment and will provide access to as many speakers as is deemed reasonable by the Board President. To manage the Board's and the public's time in the most efficient manner, the time given to each speaker is usually limited to three (3) minutes. However, the Board President may impose ad hoc rules before or during the meeting to reasonably limit the total time allotted for community comment, depending on the number of people signed up to speak. Generally, during the meeting, the Board does not participate in dialogue with the community. If one or more Board members choose to respond to a speaker's comments, debate with the speaker is not invited and the speaker is thereafter not entitled to make additional comments. The speaker is asked to return to their seat or leave the building if there are no available seats, immediately after making remarks.
The opportunity for the public to make remarks is made available as a courtesy for the public to address issues, not personalities. Use of profanity, remarks about personnel issues and student discipline are not allowed. Sales pitches, promotions, or solicitations for a company, service, or product are not permitted. Anyone who exceeds the time limit or does not abide by the guidelines outlined above may be asked to leave. Anyone who is asked to leave and does not will be considered to be trespassing and will be removed from the building.
Board of Education Commitment
The PSD Board of Education is committed to supporting the district’s mission of Educate... Every Child, Every Day, as well as the long-term strategies and day-to-day operations that bring this mission to life. To that end, board meetings are a space for directors to engage with the superintendent and staff in shared district governance and to provide input on PSD’s core focus: providing every student with opportunities to grow, academically, socially and emotionally.
Except as otherwise provided on the school calendar and unless canceled or postponed by action of the Board, regular meetings of the Board of Education shall be held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each calendar month beginning at the times specified in the public notice of each such meeting provided as required by law.
Community Comment at Meetings
Board meetings are open to the public, and members of the public have an opportunity to speak in-person during community comment. To provide comments during the board meeting, members of the public must sign up to speak in advance. A sign-up form is made available for each specific meeting when meeting information is posted on this page. Those who have signed up before the deadline will receive an email acknowledgment and instructions on how to make remarks to the board during the meeting.
The board president may impose ad hoc rules before or during the meeting to reasonably limit the total time allotted for community comment or the time allotted per speaker, depending on the number of people signed up to speak. The registration process may be closed early if the board president determines the capacity for providing public comment has been reached.
This is a time for people to share their perspectives, and not intended as time for back-and-forth conversations with board members. We are collectively committed to our community’s children and strive to create and model environments in which respectful dialogue may occur as part of the democratic process.
We ask for everyone’s commitment to the following as they attend and engage in PSD board meetings:
- Respect | We may not all agree but should strive to be respectful of one another and our individual views.
- Listen | We expect to create a space where one individual may speak while board directors, staff and meeting attendees listen to what they have to say.
- We ask that attendees not interject or interrupt community comments or board discussions.
- The board will not respond to questions from attendees during the meeting.
Electronic Board Meetings
If needed, board meetings may be held electronically in compliance with C.R.S. 22-32-108 and board Policy 3.12. The location of each board meeting will be specified on the board meeting agenda.
Contacting the Board
Community members may contact the board about meeting agenda topics or other issues by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails sent or received are subject to Colorado Open Records law and may be made public. Board members may or may not elect to respond to comments sent to email@example.com.
Recordings of board meetings: Board of Education's Video on Demand
Two or more members of the board may on occasion attend district or community events that are not convened to discuss business of the school board. Examples of these events include high school graduations, school plays or celebratory events.
2023-24 School Year
2022-23 School Year
- 6-22-23 BOE Special Meeting Minutes
- 6-21-23 BOE Special Meeting Minutes
- 6-13-23 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 6-12-23 BOE Special Meeting Minutes
- 5-23-23 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 5-9-23 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 4-18-23 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 4-4-23 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 3-21-23 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 3-8-23 BOE Special Meeting Minutes
- 3-7-23 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 2-27-23 BOE Special Meeting Retreat Minutes
- 2-21-23 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 2-7-23 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 1-24-23 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 1-10-23 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 12-13-22 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 12-6-22 BOE Special Meeting Retreat Minutes
- 11-29-22 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 11-08-22 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 10-25-22 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 10-11-22 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 10-4-22 BOE Special Meeting Retreat Minutes
- 9-27-22 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 9-19-22 BOE Special Meeting Retreat Minutes
- 9-13-22 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 8-23-22 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 8-9-22 BOE Meeting Minutes
2021-22 School Year
- 6-22-22 BOE Special Meeting Minutes
- 6-14-22 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 5-31-22 BOE Special Meeting Retreat Minutes
- 5-24-22 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 5-24-22 BOE Special Meeting Minutes
- 5-10-22 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 4-26-22 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 4-12-22 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 3-22-22 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 3-8-22 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 2-22-22 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 2-18-22 BOE Special Meeting Retreat Minutes
- 2-8-22 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 1-25-22 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 1-11-22 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 12-14-21 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 12-03-21 BOE Special Meeting Retreat Minutes
- 12-03-21 BOE Special Meeting Minutes
- 11-23-21 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 11-23-21 BOE Special Meeting Minutes
- 11-9-21 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 10-26-21 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 10-21-21 BOE Special Meeting Minutes
- 10-12-21 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 9-28-21 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 9-14-21 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 8-24-21 BOE Meeting Minutes
- 8-10-21 BOE Meeting Minutes