Accelerating students through concurrent enrollment
ASCENT is a fifth-year high school program that lets eligible seniors take a year of only college classes at Front Range Community College or AIMS Community College. ASCENT students do not attend high school classes.
ASCENT application for 2020-21 school year
Applications are not being accepted at this time (deadline was April 10)
Find more information in this video about ASCENT featuring screencasts.
To qualify, students must:
- Be under 21 and not participated in the ASCENT program previously
- Have a 2.0 or higher grade point average and not need remedial course work
- Meet high school graduation requirements by the end of their senior year
- Complete at least 12 college credits before the end of their senior year. CSU, Aims and FRCC classes accepted. AP and IB courses are accepted, but only if the student (not the high school counselor) has the AP or IB credit transcribed on the college transcript.
- Be accepted into the college and meet prerequisites, including required test scores, for college courses
- Take the Accuplacer placement tests (see below)