Webber Middle School, opened in 1990, is named for Don Webber, former PSD teacher, coach, principal, and superintendent. A new gymnasium was added in 1999, and the cafeteria was expanded in 2005.
“Webber Middle School will support and challenge all students to learn and grow to their highest potential,” is our mission statement by which we measure everything we do. We have high expectations for both academics and behavior.
Our exceptional staff is selected based on qualifications, job expertise, and caring and acceptance of young adolescents.
Our students typically average a 3.2 GPA each grade period. In the years the state has “graded” schools, we have scored either excellent or at the top of the high category.
Webber operates on an alternating block schedule that provides for a wide variety of course offerings to meet the needs of every student.
Throughout our school community, we emphasize the 6 Ps: Prompt, Polite, Positive, Productive, Persistent, and Proud.
Instructional & enrichment programs
- Challenging academic class options include Pre-Advanced Placement courses in core classes for 7th and 8th graders.
- Webber Aeronautics Ventures in Education (WAVE) is a class and after-school program in which students immerse themselves in space technology. The program culminates in a simulated space shuttle launch.
- 80% of students participate in our outstanding vocal and instrumental music programs, including jazz band and jazz orchestra.
- Peer helpers perform a variety of community and school service projects.
- Student leaders are involved in spirit activities and have input on many school decisions.
- Other after-school enrichment opportunities include Math Counts, Odyssey of the Mind, Gaming and other clubs.
Opportunities for parents
Parents volunteer through our book talk program, to tutor students, help in the library and sponsor various events.