We are committed to providing safe and inclusive learning and work environments for staff. As part of that commitment, PSD has developed affinity groups to provide an environment for staff to be part of a community where they can be who they are.
Employee Affinity Groups
Employee Affinity Groups (EAGs) are employee-led and facilitated groups formed around interests, backgrounds, identities, and common bonds. Through participation in EAGs, Poudre School District (PSD) staff help foster a positive work environment in PSD by actively contributing to its mission, values, and efforts specific to equity, diversity and inclusion.
EAGs are voluntary, employee-driven groups that are organized around a particular shared interest or dimension. PSD envisions that affinity groups will be organized around the protected classes set forth in non-discrimination laws such as race, disability, ethnicity, religion, gender or sexual orientation. However, PSD will consider approving an EAG that is organized around other historical barriers to an equitable and inclusive work environment.
EAGs are one example of a variety of PSD-supported activities in which staff are encouraged to participate/engage in an effort to cultivate and foster an inclusive community. Engagement in these kinds of activities may provide long-term benefits for the District, professional and personal development for the participants, and contribute to a greater sense of belonging to the PSD community, as well as employees’ ability to bring their authentic selves to work.
The affinity groups are not intended to create a public forum or platform. The affinity groups are not intended to establish or promote any political or social agenda. Rather, they are designed to facilitate employee professional development, cultural connections, diversity and understanding within the PSD workforce. We believe that staff EAGs will foster a culture that ultimately benefits all students in Poudre School District.
- The primary goal of EAGs is to promote diversity, openness, understanding, and inclusiveness.
- EAGs create a welcoming place for staff and faculty who share common interests to meet and support one another’s personal and professional perspectives with respect to particular affinity groups.
- Employee participation in EAGs is completely voluntary.
- All EAGs are open to all employees.
- EAGs must adhere to PSD’s policies and procedures.
EAGs help to create an inclusive workplace at PSD by:
- Serving as a vehicle for leveraging the unique and common perspectives, functions, and approaches to work that exist throughout the PSD community
- Contributing to an inclusive workplace by helping to attract and retain diverse candidates
- Providing an informal welcome to new employees, as well as networking and mentoring opportunities for their members
- Creating an open and welcoming space for staff who share common interests/concerns to meet and support one another
All participation in EAGs, both leadership and general events, is completely voluntary. EAG activities are considered PSD Sponsored Activities. Staff approved to attend EAG activities during their normal work day will be paid. Staff attending EAG activities outside of their normal work day will not be compensated.
Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC)
Additional affinity groups will be developed to honor and support staff with different lived experiences.